Why I Chose the Crystal Programming Language
Crystal is an object-oriented programming language that combines the speed and power of C with the expressiveness and readability of Ruby, making it easy to write and easy to understand.
With Crystal, you can write less code and get more done. With a built-in type inference system that eliminates the need for explicit type annotations, if your code compiles, your code is guaranteed to be type error-free at compile time.
For a better demonstration, I wanted to use a productive language like Ruby without compromising the performance. Cryptocurrency has many time-consuming computations (namely mining and hashing), and that’s why compiled languages such as C++ and Java are the languages of choice for building “real” cryptocurrencies. That being said, I wanted to use a language with a cleaner syntax so I could keep development fun and allow better readability. Crystal performance tends to be good anyway.
To choose a Region follow the below step:
1. Sign in to the AWS Management Console.
2. Choose a service to go to that service's console.
3. In the navigation bar, choose the name of the currently displayed Region. Then choose the Region to which you want to switch.
Step instructions for how to assess and monitor the health and proper function of the application:
1. Navigate to your Amazon EC2 console and verify that you're in the correct region.
2. Choose Instance and select your launched instance.
3. Select the server to display your metadata page and choose the Status checks tab at the bottom of the page to review if your status checks passed or failed.
To verify the installation, follow the below instructions
Step 1. Connect to SSH:
Open the Amazon EC2 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/.
In the navigation pane, choose Instances.
Select the instance and choose Connect.
Choose SSH Client.
Copy the SSH command and paste it into the terminal.
ssh ubuntu@publicIP -i [Path of key pair file]
If it shows an access denied message run the following command, then run the above command again to connect via ssh.
chmod 400 [Path of key pair file]
Once launched in the Amazon EC2 Service, please connect to the instance via an SSH client using the ec2-user with the key pair associated at launch. Once connected as the ec2-user user, you will be able to sudo to the root user
Step 2. Verify the installation:
Follow the steps to verify the crystal installation
1. Login with ssh
2. Type the below command to check the version
3. To check the version :
How to use the crystal in the terminal:
1. After connecting with ssh write the below command:
2. Paste the following code into the file:
puts "Hello, World!"
3. After that use the below command :
The output "Hello, World!" should appear in your terminal. That's it! You have successfully printed "Hello, World" using a crystal in the terminal.
5. After using the above command then verify written the below command mentioned below image:
To monitor and assess application functions:-
a. Navigate to your Amazon EC2 console and verify that you're in the correct region.
b. Choose Instances and select your launched instance.
c. Select the server to display your metadata page and choose the Status checks tab at the bottom of the page to review if your status checks passed or failed.
For detailed information about managing and requesting increased service please visit: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/aws_service_limits.html