VHDL stands for Very High-Speed Integration Circuit HDL (Hardware Description Language). It is an IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) standard hardware description language that is used to describe and simulate the behavior of complex digital circuits.
The most popular examples of VHDL are Odd Parity Generator, Pulse Generator, Priority Encoder, Behavioral Model for 16 words, 8bit RAM, etc.
VHDL supports the following features:
Design methodologies and their features.
Sequential and concurrent activities.
A wide range of descriptive capability
Advantages of VHDL
A list of advantages of VHDL is given below:
It supports various design methodologies like Top-down approach and Bottom-up approach.
It provides a flexible design language.
It allows better design management.
It allows detailed implementations.
It supports a multi-level abstraction.
It provides tight coupling to lower levels of design.
It supports all CAD tools.
It strongly supports code reusability and code sharing.
To choose a Region follow the below step:
1. Sign in to the AWS Management Console.
2. Choose a service to go to that service's console.
3. In the navigation bar, choose the name of the currently displayed Region. Then choose the Region to which you want to switch.
Step instructions for how to assess and monitor the health and proper function of the application:
1. Navigate to your Amazon EC2 console and verify that you're in the correct region.
2. Choose Instance and select your launched instance.
3. Select the server to display your metadata page and choose the Status checks tab at the bottom of the page to review if your status checks passed or failed.
To verify the installation, follow the below instructions
Step 1. Connect to SSH:
Open the Amazon EC2 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/.
In the navigation pane, choose Instances.
Select the instance and choose Connect.
Choose SSH Client.
Copy the SSH command and paste it into the terminal.
ssh ubuntu@publicIP -i [Path of key pair file]
If it shows an access denied message run the following command, then run the above command again to connect via ssh.
chmod 400 [Path of key pair file]
Once launched in the Amazon EC2 Service, please connect to the instance via an SSH client using the ec2-user with the key pair associated at launch. Once connected as the ec2-user user, you will be able to sudo to the root user
Step 2. Verify the installation:
Follow the steps to verify the VHDL installation
1. Login with ssh
2. Type the below command to check the version
3. To check the version :
How to use VHDL in the terminal:
1. After connecting with ssh write the below command:
sudo nano helloworld.lua
2. Paste the following code into the file:
3. After that use the below command :
The output "Hello, World!" should appear in your terminal. That's it! You have successfully printed "Hello, World" using VHDL in the terminal.
5. After using the above command then verify written the below command mentioned below image:
To monitor and assess application functions:-
a. Navigate to your Amazon EC2 console and verify that you're in the correct region.
b. Choose Instances and select your launched instance.
c. Select the server to display your metadata page and choose the Status checks tab at the bottom of the page to review if your status checks passed or failed.
For detailed information about managing and requesting increased service please visit: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/aws_service_limits.html